2500 Park Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55404
M.A. in Teaching
Prepare to become a teacher in Minnesota within 1–2 years in Saint Mary's University of Minnesota's M.A. in Teaching program. Prior teaching experience is not required to earn your choice of K–6, K–12, or 5–12 licensing. You'll learn to create meaningful learning experiences for students that support their intellectual, social, and personal development. And, you'll help develop lifelong learners and leaders as you work to create a questioning culture for your students and teach them to collaborate and support each other.
M.A. in Teaching Program Highlights
• Select licensure in a variety of areas:
o Elementary Education (K–6)
o Elementary Education (K–6) with a Middle School (5–8) Endorsement
o Secondary Education (5–12)
o Specialty Subject Areas (K–12): Elementary Education, Communication Arts and Literature, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science (Life Science, Physical Science, Physics, Chemistry), World Languages and Cultures: Spanish*, Visual Art, Music, Reading Teacher, Autism Spectrum Disorder Licensure, Learning Disabilities, Emotional/Behavioral Disorder, English as a Second Language
• One-on-one advising: With so many licensure options, it can be difficult to decide what path to take. At Saint Mary's, you'll work directly with a staff member who will help you to decide which licensure path is right for you.
• Study where it's convenient for you: Pursue your M.A. in teaching online or at either our Winona or Twin Cities campuses.
With projected increases in enrollment at all levels of education, the demand for teaching professionals is on the rise. Earning your Master of Arts in Teaching from Saint Mary's prepares you to take on a myriad of the 888,900 new teaching jobs projected to hit the job market between 2016 and 2026. These roles include (Bureau of Labor Statistics):
• High School Teacher, $59,170 median salary
• Middle School Teacher, $57,720 median salary
Elementary School Teacher, $56,900 median salary
Classification: Master's College or University I
Loans Offered: Applicants may apply for loans by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). FAFSA Code: 002380
Locale: Distant Town
Size & Settings: 0-999