About Capella University
About Capella University
Capella University is a private, for-profit, accredited online university. Founded in 1933 by Dr. Harold Abel and Stephen Shank, Capella offers 100% online higher education programs. Moreover, at Capella, ‘’every assignment has a purpose and is connected to academic and professional standards.’’
Look to Capella University for online masters, specialist, doctoral, and certificate programs that may propel a career to the next level. Whether this means an online MBA, or online DNP, there could be many programs to choose from. Study Education, Counseling, Criminal Justice, Social Work, Public Affairs and more from your home with Capella University.
Mission, Vision and Values
The mission of Capella University is to extend access to bachelors, masters, doctoral, and certificate programs to busy adult learners. This is fostered through innovative, relevant programs and a variety of online delivery formats.
General Admissions Requirements
Students apply through Capella’s online application. While each program has specific admission requirements, there are some basic requisites for all programs. These are in addition to an application and fee.
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by the program
- English fluency
- GRE, GMAT, SAT, or ACT are not required for admission.
In addition, each program may define other material that is needed, such as the ones listed below.
- Forms and documents that disclose licensure information, background, and work experience
- Letters of recommendation
- Curriculum vitae
- Extended goal statement
- Admission essay/writing sample
- Faculty interview
- Cohort auto-registration form
Masters Program Admission Requirements
Masters students must have a bachelors degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution.
Doctoral Program Admission Requirements
Doctoral students must have a masters degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution.
Enrollment, Attendance, Completions
Based on Fall 2015 data, graduate enrollment totaled 26,530 students.i
- 100% online attendance i
- 4% full-time, 96% part-time attendancei
- 4225 masters degrees, 1260 doctorate degrees, 860+ graduate certificates were awarded 2015-2016 i
- There are 1562 full-time faculty
- 1356 Part-time instructional faculty
- Academic Career Counseling Services
- Employment Services for Students
- Placement Services Completers
Enrollment, Attendance, Retention Rates and Graduation
Graduate attendance rate of 93% part-time and 7% full-time
For the years 2018-2019 Capella University awarded: 2522 bachelor's degrees, 5093 master's degrees, 242 post-master's certificates, 782 doctor's degrees - research/scholarship
Financial aid may be available for eligible students.i In addition, Capella offers a range of scholarships and several options for possible tuition discounts.
- Capella University: Online