University of Michigan - Flint
School of Education and Human Services
Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
You understand that great education cannot exist without highly educated leaders. You believe that students and teachers thrive in a well-managed and innovative environment. By being a scholar and an educator, you are able to shape the future of learning and push education to the next level. With the University of Michigan-Flint behind you, you are ready to become a leader and a driving force to superior education.
- UM-Flint’s Doctor of Education degree focuses on applied learning and preparation for executive leadership assignments. It is designed to prepare practicing teachers and administrators to assume greater leadership roles, to apply a broad base of scholarship to challenges in the field, and to actively contribute to the knowledge base of the profession.
- This program offers a concentration in Educational Leadership.
- Students in the Doctor of Education program work within a cohort and enjoy a unique blend of online coursework coupled with on-campus classes one Saturday per month.
- The Doctor of Education is a part-time program encompassing 34 credit hours.
- The cohort structure within the program emphasizes team-based project work and enables students to develop a stronger support network for personal and professional development.
- Students will have interactions with local administration and curriculum experts.
- UM-Flint is a part of the world-renowned University of Michigan system, making it possible for students to tap into additional resources at the Dearborn and Ann Arbor campuses.
- UM-Flint’s Doctor of Education degree program is designed to benefit K-12 educators looking to build upon their background and skills and those interested in administration roles in higher education.
- The program also prepares administrators at the building level who are interested in a Central Office position in Human Relations, Finance, Curriculum, or Superintendency.
The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid:
# of Credits Required:
Master's College or University I
Size & Settings: