Arts Administration (MA)
- Offered through the Horace H. Rackham School of Graduate Studies, the Arts Administration program is customized to prepare leaders in the design, implementation, and management of arts activities and facilities.
- The program focuses on leadership and other advanced skills in a wide range of areas such as artistic traditions and aesthetic styles, gallery and production management, grant writing, personnel policies, fiscal management, and marketing.
- The curriculum is composed of a set of core courses with specializations in Museum & Visual Arts (museum, galleries) and Performance (music, theatre, and dance). Core courses focus on areas that are essential for all arts administrators, while specialized courses examine selected areas of study in greater depth.
- UM-Flint’s MA in Arts Administration is a two-year, part-time program consisting of 36 credit hours.
- Two concentrations are offered: Museum & Visual Arts, and Performance.
- Classes are held on UM-Flint’s campus, primarily in the evening.
- The city of Flint’s rich and diverse arts community is an invaluable source of inspiration, information, and ideas. UM-Flint’s longstanding relationship with such community partners as the Flint Institute of Arts, Flint Institute of Music, Sloan Museum, and others provides our students with endless opportunities to explore new possibilities.
- As part of the world renowned University of Michigan system, UM-Flint can tap additional resources, expertise, and contacts at our sister campuses in Dearborn and Ann Arbor to assist our students, their research, and other initiatives.
- The MA in Arts Administration will prepare you for leadership roles in organizations such as arts centers, symphony orchestras, opera companies, choruses, museums, government and private arts agencies, community arts programs, arts councils, and more.
Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: No
International Financial Aid: No
# of Credits Required: 36
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Midsize City
Size & Settings: 6,000-9,999