University of Michigan - Flint
School of Health Professions and Studies
- The University of Michigan-Flint’s School of Health Professions and Studies offers the Master of Science (MS) degree in Anesthesia in conjunction with Hurley Medical Center in Flint, Michigan.
- This 24 month, full-time program will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to become certified for entry into anesthesia practice as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA). The program is full-time and will require a time commitment of more than 40 hours per week; employment during the course of the program is not recommended.
- The MS in Anesthesia curriculum seamlessly integrates your clinical experience and classroom instruction with academic and clinical anesthesia courses taught at both the University of Michigan-Flint and at Hurley Medical Center.
- Hurley Medical Center is a 443-bed public non-profit teaching hospital located in Flint, Michigan. Hurley provides mid-Michigan with a variety of hospital and healthcare services, with a wide variety of hospital and healthcare services, from the area's most comprehensive children's hospital to a number of specialized critical care centers. Hurley meets the complex needs of our extended community by combining advanced technological resources and dedicated professionals with convenient facility access.
- Learning from faculty and professionals who are at the forefront of their fields gives our students a distinct educational advantage.
- MS in Anesthesia program cohorts are structured to promote close classmate relationships and a strong internal support system.
- After successfully completing the program, you will receive a Master of Science in Anesthesia degree, granted by the University of Michigan. You are then eligible to take the National Certification Examination.
- Successful completion of the National Certification Exam allows you to practice as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist.
The Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid:
# of Credits Required:
In State Tuition (per year):
Master's College or University I
Size & Settings: