Ph.D. in Information Systems Engineering
Rapid changes in technology and increasing technological sophistication needed to maintain global competitiveness are causing information technology industries to encourage their workforce to advance its knowledge, skills, and expertise through graduate-level education and training. For many engineers, this means education beyond the master's degree. More specifically, the kind of advanced knowledge needed in niche or specialized areas of emerging technologies can only be offered through doctoral programs that not only allow engineers to acquire and strengthen their own knowledge but also educate them to become technical leaders and technology developers in their own companies.
This program is designed to meet the needs of engineers who want to be the technology leaders of the future. It is a 50 credit hour postgraduate program and can be pursued either on a full-time or a part-time basis. The classes are held in the evenings for the convenience of working engineers. The areas of specialization available in the program include information management and knowledge engineering, computer networks and computer architecture, intelligent systems and human/computer interaction, graphics and visualization, supply chain informatics, web services and security.
The University of Michigan-Dearborn is fully accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
International Student Requirements:
• Completed application form
• Application fee ($60.00 for those who will be studying on an F or J visa)
• Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions, and proof of secondary school completion (academic records)
• English Language Proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB)
• Full Financial Support Information (Required for F and J Visa Students only)
• Health Insurance
• SEVIS DS-2019 Request Form (J Visa Students only)
• Transfer Clearance document (required if student has a previous SEVIS I-20)
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 50
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Small City
Size & Settings: 6,000-9,999