MBA - Master of Business Administration
The Ferris MBA combines a strong core focused on key business competencies with deeper learning in an area of the student’s choice. The degree is composed of ten core classes, and a three course concentration, or a four course advanced studies certificate for a total of 39 or 42 credits. Degree can be completed in 1½ to 2½ years.
The MBA concentrations can be selected from graduate-level advanced study certificates such as Accounting, Lean Systems, Performance Metrics, Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Business Intelligence, and Incident Response (available fully online); or Design and Innovation Management (available in online/face-to-face mixed delivery at Kendall College); or customize a concentration with an advisor to your interests and career goals by combining our courses with courses from other programs, and/or independent studies or transfer credits.
Nine credits is considered full-time for Graduate level programs. All courses are three credits, two classes per semester (6 credits) meets the requirement for financial aid. Click here for current tuition rates.
Ferris State University is one of the 15 universities comprising Michigan's public higher education system. Ferris is accredited by HLC, the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and is certified by the State Approval Agency of the Department of Education and the Veterans Administration under provisions of Title 38, United States Code.
The College of Business is internationally and professionally accredited by ACBSP, the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, and is a member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
To be considered for admission to the Ferris MBA program, applicants must submit the following documents:
• Completed application (Free on-line application can be completed on our website)
• Official course transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate colleges and universities previously attended, which include confirmation of a Bachelor degree from a regionally accredited university with an overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
• A current resume.
• A Statement of Purpose, approximately one page typed, explaining your reasons for seeking admission into the program you have selected. Your Statement of Purpose should show that you have taken steps to learn about our programs and are familiar with and prepared for on-line or mixed-delivery courses. You should also explain what factors have influenced your decision to pursue an MBA, and how this degree will help you achieve your short-term and long-term career goals.
• Three academic or professional recommendation letters attesting to your ability to succeed in graduate level studies.
• Official GMAT or GRE test scores. A formulated composite score of GPA and GMAT or GRE test scores
Facts & Figures
# of Credits Required:
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate):
Master's College or University II