Brandeis University

Graduate School of Arts and Sciences

Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies


415 South Street, MS 084

Waltham, MA 02453

United States





Program Information

Degrees Offered:

M.A.- Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies

Format: Campus

Program Description:

Brandeis University's Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies program offers a stand-alone Master's program, as well as 9 joint M.A. programs in conjunction with the following disciplines: Anthropology, English, Near Eastern and Judaic Studies, Public Policy (Joint M.P.P., through Brandeis' Heller School for Social Policy and Management), Sociology, or Sustainable International Development (also through Brandeis' Heller School).  The joint master's degree in women's, gender, and sexuality studies and another discipline may be pursued independently or in conjunction with a Ph.D. in one of several fields.  (There is no Ph.D. offered solely in women's and gender studies.)  Students pursuing the M.A. degrees are encouraged to enroll in courses offered by the Boston Area Graduate Consortium in Women's Studies.

Explore feminist and gender theories, knowledge, and methodologies.  The Brandeis Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies program provides a strong grounding in discipline-specific studies along with an interdisciplinary education in the theories, methods, and scholarship of women's, gender, and sexuality studies.  By introducing current research in a range of fields, the M.A. degrees create cross disciplinary dialogue and prepare students for intellectual leadership in careers as diverse as public policy, education, social service, law, management, writing, and counseling.  The M.A. program is for students who wish to strengthen their application to Ph.D. programs or professional schools, as well as for students who would like to advance their chosen career.  



New England Association of Schools and Colleges

Facts & Figures

Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive

Loans Offered: A variety of loan programs, including the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan and the TERI Continuing Education Loan, may be available to Graduate Professional Studies students who meet this criteria.

Locale: Midsize Suburb

Find Schools