The Path to a better future is right in front of you
Anna Maria College
50 Sunset Lane
Paxton, MA 01612
Master of Science in Health Emergency Management
The Master of Science in Health Emergency Management at Anna Maria College, is an interdisciplinary program uniquely integrating technology, clinical practices, emergency and disaster medicine with engineering, ethics and computation.
It is a first of its kind joint academic graduate program between Anna Maria College and the BIDMC Fellowship in Disaster Medicine Program, providing health professionals with the leadership, organization and communication skills to take on elevated roles during health emergencies and disaster events.
The degree is designed for medical graduate students and trained health professionals including physicians, nurses, physician assistants, paramedics and EMTs.
Dr. Greg Ciottone serves as the program Medical Director and is an Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine at Harvard Medical School.
We offer a variety of elective courses that allow students to focus on areas related to:
• Public Health Hazards Planning and Response
• Intentional Threats and Disasters
• Natural and Man-made Disaster
• Theory and Logistics of Mass Gathering Disasters
• Building Sustainable Coalition
• Industry and Commerce
Graduates of our program will:
• Acquire the skills, training, drill/exercise and theory necessary for responding to and managing health emergencies and disasters.
• Learn how to effectively engage and communicate with the public and with local, state, federal, faith-based and community leaders concerning the response and recovery process in health emergency and disaster events.
Financial Aid: Yes
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Midsize Suburb
Size & Settings: 0-999