M.S. in Forensic Science – High Technology Crime
The University of Baltimore’s M.S. in Forensic Science – High Technology Crime prepares you to excel in a rapidly changing field as you become an expert in investigating criminal activity involving computer and digital information systems, accounting fraud and health-care fraud.
The program is designed for professionals who want to become experts at managing advanced technological resources to combat cyberthreats and related financial crime. Through a 10-course core and a three-course specialization area, you’ll develop skills and knowledge in 21st-century forensic investigations to become an agent of positive change. When you graduate from the program, you'll be prepared to:
• identify high-technology crimes and how they occur
• investigate the expanding area of criminal activity related to technology
• evaluate commercial and governmental programs intended to combat such crime
• design solutions to prevent and fight high-tech criminal activity
• develop effective counter-crime management programs.
The average salary for cybersecurity and cyberintelligence professionals in the greater Baltimore-Washington, D.C.-Northern Virginia area is more than $96,000, and job openings are prevalent.
The University of Baltimore is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 6,000-9,999