University of Baltimore
Yale Gordon College of Arts and Sciences
Creative Writing & Publishing Arts
M.F.A.-Creative Writing & Publishing Arts
Fresh ideas about writing. New approaches to publishing. That's what makes UB's Creative Writing & Publishing Arts one of nine distinctive M.F.A. programs selected by Poets & Writers Magazine.
UB’s M.F.A. in Creative Writing & Publishing Arts program integrates skills that prepare you to succeed as a working writer, including a focus on the practical aspects of publishing.
You'll benefit from:
• a diverse community of talented students and distinguished faculty in fiction, poetry and nonfiction
• a focus on creativity, book arts and electronic publishing
• the guidance of experienced mentors as you send work out
• the chance to design and produce your thesis project as a finished book
• night and weekend classes for working students.
The Master of Fine Arts is a terminal degree, qualifying you to teach at the university level. A network of UB alumni teaches throughout Maryland and across the country.
fall semester admission only: Feb. 1
The University of Baltimore is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 6,000-9,999