Graduate and Professional Studies
McDaniel College’s Graduate Program for Reading Specialists is designed to create contemporary leaders in literacy education. The program offers a comprehensive approach to reading instruction and incorporates current research, theoretical perspectives, informed practice, and thoughtful reflection. Candidates implement a repertoire of assessment procedures and instructional techniques across multiple grade levels to address the needs of diverse learners. In addition, our graduate candidates become an important part of a collaborative professional network.
* Meets International Reading Association standards as a nationally recognized program for the preparation of Reading Specialists.
* Presents unique opportunities to apply theory and research through practicum experiences and performance outcomes.
* Empowers candidates to become life-long learners and reflective practitioners.
* Fosters close working relationships with knowledgeable faculty.
* Offers a professional and personalized educational experience in a three-phase program.
Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
Facts & Figures
# of Credits Required: 36
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): 430.00 USD
Classification: Baccalaureate College—Liberal Arts
Locale: Small Suburb
Size & Settings: 3,000-5,999