Krieger School of Arts and Sciences - Advanced Academic Programs
100 International Drive
Baltimore, MD 21202
MA in GovernmentConcentrations available (optional): Legal Studies
The Master of Arts in Government gives students the tools to examine governmental and social institutions in our society, explore areas of reform, and most importantly, bring about change. The program combines the theory and practice of government, politics, and policy-making.
The Johns Hopkins MA in Government was designed for working adults with specialized skills in a particular field but who want a broader perspective of government to position them for leadership in politics and administration. While our courses are designed around the latest scholarly and scientific knowledge, their true focus is to provide you with the practical skills necessary for solving governmental, political, and policymaking problems of today.
The MA in Government program offers three optional concentrations:
• Legal Studies focuses on the intersection of law and politics, as well as law enforcement issues.
• Political Communication provides you with the opportunity to study with practitioners in the field: reporters, political operatives, journalists, and campaign and news and media professionals.
• Security Studies covers the fundamentals of administering and preserving American security.
Founded in 1876, Johns Hopkins University, a top tier research university with campus locations in Maryland and Washington, DC, has been dedicated to educating its students and cultivating their capacity for life-long learning, to foster independent and original research, and to bring the benefits of discovery to the world.
Through the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences, The Advanced Academic Programs offers various online learning opportunities, showcasing both graduate certificates and graduate degree programs, spanning various industries with the goal of providing a world-class Johns Hopkins education in a part-time format.
• Flexibility - Online students don’t commute to a physical classroom. Instead, they work inside a course management system to complete assignments and interact with instructors and classmates. There are due dates for course work, but students can log in to the course management system at their convenience.
• Excellent Instructors - All AAP courses are taught by highly-accomplished instructors, known for the scholarship and practice of their disciplines. Online courses allow AAP to expand our faculty pool beyond the DC/Baltimore area, offering students the chance to work with excellent instructors from all over the country and the world.
• High levels of interaction - Online students communicate with their instructors and classmates through discussion boards, group assignments, and the occasional live online event. Students often say the online environment allows them to learn as much from their classmates as they do from their instructors and assignments.
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 20,000-39,999