The Path to a better future is right in front of you
School of Education
100 International Drive
Baltimore, MD 21202
The Graduate Certificate in Gifted Education is designed to address the needs of teachers who are seeking knowledge and skills in curriculum, instruction, and assessment to meet the needs of academically talented students in their classrooms.
The program provides an 18-credit sequence of courses designed specifically for classroom and resource teachers who are working with gifted students. Courses include assignments to observe gifted students and to design and present lessons that are appropriate for their intellectual and developmental needs.
The objectives of the program are to:
* provide teachers with an understanding of the characteristics of gifted students as learners
* familiarize teachers with learning and developmental theories about gifted students
* enhance teachers' skills in developing curriculum for gifted students
* expand teachers' repertoire of instructional strategies that are appropriate for gifted students
* expand teachers' knowledge and skills in assessment techniques for gifted student
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 20,000-39,999