Eastern Kentucky University
The Graduate School
521 Lancaster Avenue
Richmond, KY 40475
If you already have a Bachelor's degree in the Chemical Sciences, consider EKU for a Master of Science in Chemistry. The Master of Science (M.S.) Program in Chemistry is designed to extend the chemical knowledge and skills of students to prepare them for a diverse set of opportunities. The M.S. Program in Chemistry can prepare students for further advanced study in either Chemistry or related Biomedical Sciences, and sophisticated careers in industry, government service, or to advance their current status.
Incoming students will take the presented curriculum composed of 33 graduate hours in chemistry, which can be completed, in two years. Upon successful completion of the M.S. degree in chemistry at EKU students will:
1. Critically analyze scientific data & ideas and employ quantitative reasoning – graduates will be able to thoughtfully critique chemical information from professional journals, lay literature, experimentation and research.
2. Communicate (oral and written) clearly on chemical and related topics – graduates will be able to show their mastery of the material and explain chemistry related topics to others through their writing and speaking skills.
3. Explain and apply core concepts in chemistry and related topics to an extent that will allow them to be competitive after EKU.
4. Demonstrate scientific laboratory skills – graduates will be able to design, carry out, record and analyze results of chemical experiments using both modern instrumentation and classical techniques.
5. Understand the ethical, historical, philosophical and environmental dimensions of problems and issues related to chemistry.
Accreditation:Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
# of Credits Required: 33
Classification: Master's College or University I
Loans Offered: A range of financial assistance programs from government and private institutions are available to help you afford your educational goals. Eastern Kentucky University participates in Federal Title IV funding such as Stafford guaranteed student loans.
Locale: Distant Town