Doctor of Physical Therapy
The Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Bellarmine University prepares students for licensure and practice in the field of physical therapy.
Physical therapists provide service to individuals with physical impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function and health resulting from injury, disease or other causes.
With a Bellarmine University DPT, you will be well prepared to:
* Provide quality physical therapy services to meet the needs of consumers and society
* Serve physical therapy consumers and society as a primary healthcare provider
* Assume a role in the community that is commensurate with professional service responsibilities
* Be a lifelong critical consumer of information that affects the delivery of quality physical therapy services, and
* Provide mentorship and direction to future physical therapists
All faculty in the program are physical therapists with terminal degrees in their respective areas of expertise. In addition, faculty hold clinical board certifications in electrophysiology, sports, orthopedic, pediatric, and geriatric physical therapy. Low student-to-faculty ratios (12:1) are maintained in all laboratory situations.
The overall licensure exam pass rate for graduates of the DPT program is typically around 97 percent. A third of our students participate in an international learning experience in physical therapy (Curtin University in Perth, Western Australia). Dozens of students, along with faculty mentors, have presented papers at regional, national and international conferences, and many have published in professional journals.
Bellarmine University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees. Inquiries related to this accreditation can be directed to: Commission on Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097. Phone 404-679-4500.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 3,000-5,999