Valparaiso University School of Law is located in Valparaiso, Indiana, a pleasant residential community located 50 miles/80 kilometers southeast of Chicago and 15 miles/24 kilometers south of the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore on Lake Michigan. The School of Law was approved by the American Bar Association in 1929 and was admitted to membership in the Association of American Law Schools in 1930.
Scholastic distinction and excellence in teaching are hallmarks of the Valparaiso University School of Law. At Valparaiso, we emphasize concern for the needs of our students and awareness of the problems faced by society and the profession. Law is a service profession -- and at Valparaiso, we take seriously the obligation to prepare our students for a life in the law.