The Illinois Professional Science Master's (PSM) offers non-thesis MS degrees that integrate advanced training in science or mathematics with critical business skills.
By preparing a new generation to excel in today’s rapidly growing science, financial, and technology-based organizations, the Illinois PSM helps lead the way in entrepreneurial innovation.
Programs are currently offered in:
* Agricultural Production,
* Bioenergy, and
* Food Science and Human Nutrition.
You gain a solid background in your chosen area of science along with business knowledge and skills vital for today’s industry and high-tech management through an integration of four key curriculum components:
* the science core,
* business courses,
* industry seminars, and
* an internship.
The Illinois PSM is for those who
* seek careers in industry, government, or business,
* are interested in science and management,
* do not wish to pursue a PhD,
* are looking for a competitive edge in the job market.
How is the PSM different from other degrees?
* more science (or mathematics) than an MBA
* more business than a traditional graduate degree in science or mathematics
* connections with industry leaders through the industry seminar series
* “real world” project and team experience through a required internship
Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools