The Chicago School of Professional Psychology at Chicago
About The Chicago School of Professional Psychology at Chicago
About the Chicago School of Professional Psychology
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (TCSPP) is an accredited, private, not-for-profit institution. In 1979 TCSPP was established by a group of professional psychologists and educators. Since then, the Chicago School has expanded to include online degrees and six campuses across the US.
Mission, Vision and Values
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology’s mission is to career-based programs in psychology, behavioral and health sciences. Academics are infused with four core values: Education, Innovation, Service, and Community. TCSPP students receive a balance of theory, professionalism, and respect for diversity.
National and international applicants are welcome to apply to the Chicago School. Applicants are assessed holistically. Aside from GPA and GRE scores, personal and professional experiences are weighed. GRE and GPA Scores: Applicants to the Master of Arts programs require a 3.0 GPA or higher. Students applying to Education specialist and doctoral programs require a 3.2 GPA or higher.
Application: Students can apply to TCSPP by mail or through an online form. Prospective students need to have a Bachelors degree from an accredited university, or be completing their degree. In addition, students need to meet program-specific requirements.
Dates and Deadlines: Application deadlines are broken down into ‘early’, ‘general’ and ‘space available’ consideration. The exceptions are:
- Chicago Clinical Psy.D. program has a rolling admissions process.
- Online programs begin every eight weeks and have a rolling admissions process.
- International students require additional documentation.
Enrollment, Attendance, Graduation
Based on Fall 2015 datai, over 4,200 graduate students attend the Chicago School’s multiple campuses. The Fall 2015 total graduate enrollment at Chicago Illinois campus was 1,418. Of these students,
- 49 percent were part-time and 51 percent, full-time students
- 98 percent were enrolled in residential programs
- 230 masters degrees, 104 doctorate degrees and 83 postgraduate certificates were awarded in 2014-2015i
Learn from a devoted teacher-practitioner faculty at the Chicago School. All faculty members are professionals with significant real-world experience. Each has expertise in their respective fields. Their approach provides practical mentorship to their students.
- Study Abroad Services
- Weekend Evening College Services
- Remedial Services
- Academic Career Counseling Services
- Employment Services for Students
- Library Services
Enrollment, Attendance, Retention Rates and Graduation
Graduate attendance rate of 53% part-time and 47% full-time
For the years 2017-2018 The Chicago School of Professional Psychology at Chicago awarded: 250 master's degrees, 35 post-master's certificates, 106 doctor's degrees - professional practice, 27 doctor's degrees - research/scholarship
The Chicago School offers several funding options to qualifying students. These include scholarships, fellowships, student loans and paid employment. The TCSPP also offers various tuition plans.
- Alumni tuition rate
- Mental and behavioral Health Professionals Tuition Rate
- Xavier University of Louisiana Partner Tuition Rate
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology: Online
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology: Washington, DC901 15th. St. NW, Washington, D.C., 20005
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology: Los Angeles, CA707 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA, 90017
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology: Chicago, IL325 N Wells St, Chicago, IL, 60654
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology: Richardson, TX2101 Waterview Pkwy, Dallas, TX, 75080
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology: Anaheim, CA2400 E. Katella Ave.,Suite 1200, Anaheim, CA, 92806
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology: San Diego, CA1 Columbia Place, First National Bank Center, 401 W A St, San Diego, CA, 92101
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology: New Orleans, LA1 Drexel Drive, New Orleans, LA, 70125
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology: San Jose, CA1245 S Winchester Blvd, San Jose, CA, 95128
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology: Pasadena, CA5 Westmoreland Place, Pasadena, CA, 91103