Loyola University Chicago

School of Social Work

Post-MSW PEL with School Social Worker Endorsement


820 N. Michigan Ave

Lewis Towers Suite 1200

Chicago, IL 60611

United States



Program Information

Degrees Offered:

Post-MSW PEL with School Social Worker Endorsement

Format: Campus

Program Description:

This program is for graduates with a MSW degree from an accredited School of Social Work who are seeking the required courses and internship for licensure as a school social worker in Illinois (Professional Educator License/PEL).


  • Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited program
  • Please review the substitution rules as outlined in the section entitled Applying for Full Admission to an Illinois Educator Preparation Program from ISBE at:
  • -  Illinois State Board of Education
  • -  Schools Specialization PEL Information


Application Requirements

We accept applications to the post-MSW Professional Educator License program for the Fall term only. You must submit:

A Completed Application Form
You may submit your application form online.  
Note: Students who have already applied to a graduate or professional program at Loyola University Chicago should fill out the reapplication form.  

Official Transcripts
Applicants must submit official transcripts for all undergraduate and any graduate work. To be eligible for admission, your transcript must show an earned MSW degree or a MSW degree in progress. Certified copies of transcripts are acceptable; faxed copies of transcripts are not considered official. If you attended Loyola University Chicago previously, you do not need to request transcripts; we have them on record.
Two Letters of Recommendation
If you supply your recommender's email address as part of your completed online application form, then your recommendation letters may be submitted online. Or, your recommenders may mail them to:
Graduate & Professional Enrollment Management 
820 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 1200  
Chicago, IL 60611
We ask that you submit no more than three letters of recommendation. Recommendation letters can come from academic, professional or volunteer sources. One of each is recommended. If you graduated less than 5 years ago, at least one reference should be from an academic source.
A Statement of Purpose
In a double-spaced, typed essay, please explain why you are interested in obtaining the Post-MSW PEL School Social Worker Endorsement.


North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission

Facts & Figures

Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive

Locale: Large City

Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999

Find Schools