Dual Degree JD/MEd in Law & Education Policy
This dual-degree program offered by the School of Law and the Cultural and Educational Policy Studies program of the School of Education focuses on educational policy within a legal framework. This program will produce legal professionals who have a grasp of U.S. education policy issues by joining Loyola’s strengths in education policy studies and analysis with its expertise in children’s rights and education law.
This joint program connects education law and policy issues in the interests of effective advocacy, informed policymaking and social-justice informed work in each of these fields.
- Earn JD and MEd degrees simultaneously at a much lower cost and in a much shorter time than if the two degrees were pursued independently.
- Enjoy the support of a prestigious center and its network of accomplished faculty and distinguished alumni: The Civitas ChildLaw Center and its Education Law and Policy Institute.
- Have the option to live and study two blocks from Chicago's Magnificent Mile in the Loyola's Baumhart Hall.
- Understand the knowledge bases of the counseling professions.
- Collaborate with multiple parties within a school context (e.g., students, parents, teachers, administrators, community, etc.)
- Capable of applying the knowledge base of their disciplines in an ethical, reflective, and culturally-responsive manner.
- Evaluate research, appreciate the contribution of empirical inquiry to the solution of applied problems, and apply research findings to their practices.
- Knowledgeable of the social-cultural contexts of human development.
- Evaluate the outcomes of their interventions with empirically sound methods
- Participate in continuing professional education and supervision in their future professional lives and who involve themselves in activities of their professional associations.
- Committed to social justice in scientific and practice settings.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Facts & Figures
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999