Dual Degree JD/MA in Law & Comparative Education
This dual-degree program offered by the School of Law and the School of Education's Cultural and Educational Policy Studies program focuses on the legal right of children to an education. This program brings together Loyola's expertise in the legal rights of children and its expertise in international education issues.
- Earn JD and MA degrees simultaneously at a much lower cost and in a much shorter time than if the two degrees were pursued independently.
- The opportunity to receive an additional credential, the Certificate in International Law and Practice, which will appear as an official honor on the JD recipient's record. Students who earn the Certificate signal to prospective employers, universities and funding agencies that they are uniquely qualified to study or practice in the arena of international and comparative law.
- Enjoy the support of two prestigious centers and their network of accomplished faculty and distinguished alumni: The Civitas ChildLaw Center and The Center for Comparative Education.
- Have the option to live and study two blocks from Chicago's Magnificent Mile in the Loyola's Baumhart Hall.
- Understand the knowledge bases of the counseling professions.
- Collaborate with multiple parties within a school context (e.g., students, parents, teachers, administrators, community, etc.)
- Capable of applying the knowledge base of their disciplines in an ethical, reflective, and culturally-responsive manner.
- Evaluate research, appreciate the contribution of empirical inquiry to the solution of applied problems, and apply research findings to their practices.
- Knowledgeable of the social-cultural contexts of human development.
- Evaluate the outcomes of their interventions with empirically sound methods
- Participate in continuing professional education and supervision in their future professional lives and who involve themselves in activities of their professional associations.
- Committed to social justice in scientific and practice settings.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Facts & Figures
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999