About Bradley University
Why Consider Bradley University?
Only three hours driving from Chicago and St. Louis, Peoria positions Bradley as a sanctuary for studying that’s not too far away from city excitement and culture. But the Bradley campus may just serve as the warm embrace you never want to let go.
Founded in 1897, Bradley has come a long way from a watch-making turned Polytechnic school. In fact, BU boasts a class size of only 21 on average and a faculty to student ratio of 12:1. So it’s got small town feel with big time quality. That’s because the faculty are 85% full time with doctorate or terminal degrees. In other words, they know of what they teach.
Bradley University supports students with profound care. Their Student Services Support cover all the bases with departments specifically tailored to Bradley student needs. This source of campus solace provides aid in all matters. There’s help for bereavement and emergencies as well as those struggling with a crisis such as harassment or assault. That’s because safety and security matter to you and are thus utmost important to Bradley.
But it’s not just in a crisis that students need support. BU knows how to help when all sorts of issues arise. Whether a student needs help maintaining their primo Bradley quality of life or taking a temporary leave of absence, the Student Services Support center is there to help. In fact, they also assist with the most critical aspects of a student’s quality of life, namely academics, financial assistance, health, and housing. So, Bradley provides all the fundamentals for student support. They’re a helping hand for you no matter what your need may be.
Quick Facts – Bradley Stats
So what’s Bradley all about? Here are some fast facts for a snapshot.
- Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 900 graduate students
- Students come from across the U.S. and 33 countries
- Students of color: 24% of the freshman class
- Men: 49% of undergraduates; women: 51%
- Freshman enrollment: 1093
- Transfer enrollment: 205
- Middle 50% ACT score: 23-28
- Middle 50% SAT score: 1000-1250
- Three-year average for graduates who started a career, graduate school, or other postgraduate experience within six months of graduation: 92%
Get Your Sport On! About Bradley Athletics
Are you sportacular? Or maybe you just love watching badass teams in high stakes competition… If so, you’ll likely feel quite at home among the Braves at Bradley. Not just known for their distinctive mascot, KABOOM! The Bradley Braves compete with the best in sports.
- A robust Division 1 athletic tradition in the Missouri Valley Conference, with many championship wins to boot
- Home to 15 varsity sports and a vital intramural and recreational sports program
- 130,000-square-foot Markin Family Student Recreation Center
- 4,200-seat Renaissance Coliseum
Mission, Vision and Core ValuesBradley University empowers students for immediate and sustained success in their personal and professional endeavors by combining professional preparation, liberal arts and sciences, and co-curricular experiences. Dedicated to students, Bradley also embraces the generation, application, and interpretation of knowledge. Bradley University is the leader in student engagement and builds a community of relationships between students, staff, faculty, administrators and alumni. These shared community values include: student success, knowledge and discover, inclusiveness and connectivity & excellence.
A non-refundable application fee of $40. Applications will not be processed until the fee has been received.
Applicants must provide a short admission essay on each of the following topics:
- Explain achievements and work experience that you consider relevant to your interest in and capacity for graduate study.
- Briefly state your career objectives and how the graduate program you have selected will assist you in attaining these goals.
Transcripts and Proof of Degree
Official transcripts, sent directly from all post-secondary institutions attended, are required. Bradley alumni need not provide Bradley transcripts.
Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the Graduate School from individuals who can comment on the applicant’s potential for success in a graduate program. Some programs require additional or specific letters of recommendation. Please refer to the Graduate Catalog for specific requirements. The request for letters of recommendation are sent electronically when you complete the online application.
The resume is not required by all programs, however it is very helpful in making admissions decisions and financial aid awards. A resume is required for students applying for assistantships and is recommended for all applicants.
Standardized Test Scores (GRE, GMAT or MAT)
Applicants must have official test scores sent directly to the Graduate School by the testing agency. Please check the Graduate Catalog to determine which test is required by the program you wish to pursue.
Enrollment, Attendance, Retention Rates and Graduation
Graduate attendance rate of 70% part-time and 30% full-time
For the years 2018-2019 Bradley University awarded: 1006 bachelor's degrees, 299 master's degrees, 29 post-master's certificates, 26 doctor's degrees - professional practice
- Bradley University: Peoria, IL1501 West Bradley Avenue, Peoria, IL, 61625
Bradley offers more than 40 masters, doctoral and certificate programs through the graduate school. Their programs advance knowledge and practical experience to address local, regional and global concerns in the arts, business, engineering, health, science and education.
Let’s take a look at the BU classrooms and what makes them so special.
- Average class size: 21 students
- More than 350 full-time faculty members
- Full-time faculty with doctorate or terminal degrees: 85%
- Student/faculty ratio: 12:1
- More than 185 undergraduate programs in five colleges:
- More than 30 graduate programs, including:
- AACSB-accredited MBA
- Theresa S. Falcon Executive MBA
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy
- Online degree programs
- Study abroad
- Short-term academic programs with Bradley faculty and students
- Extended study abroad opportunities at a number of distinguished universities and programs