The Path to a better future is right in front of you
School of Graduate Studies
1120 15th Street
Augusta, GA 30912
Master of Public Administration
This program offers an unique combination of theory and practice that ensures students leave equipped with the critical thinking, problem-solving, and people skills essential to professional success. Our graduates work at all levels in an amazing variety of organizations and fields—law enforcement, national parks, local government, economic development organizations, the military, and nonprofits.
Our program provides working professionals with:
• 36-hours of instruction in critical skills such as team building, budgeting, communications, human resource management, decision-making, and program evaluation
• small classes scheduled at nights and on the weekends
• a “doable” degree that can be completed in two to three years
• a faculty that includes traditional academics, “pracademics” (academics with career experience in government or nonprofit organizations), and working professionals
• instruction on the political, social, and economic environment in which government and nonprofit organizations operate
• a specialized track in criminal justice
• electives in homeland security, emergency management, and grant writing to name a few.
Financial aid is available. Graduate students use the standard application process for federal aid, scholarships, and the HOPE Scholarship Programs (if applicable). As a graduate student, you may qualify for scholarships, loans, and employment. Graduate Assistantship (GA) positions are offered to selected full-time graduate students to assist with general departmental/programmatic needs. The typical standard hourly rate for graduate assistants is currently $8.00. As part of the GA package, students also pay a reduced tuition rate of $25 per semester (plus all student fees).
Financial Aid: Yes
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Locale: Midsize City
Size & Settings: 6,000-9,999