About Kaplan University-Indianapolis
About Purdue University
Purdue University is an accredited, public institution that was founded in 1869. In fact, the university emerged out of a land-grant act signed by Abraham Lincoln. While the main campus is in West Lafayette Indiana, Purdue is now known throughout the world. Most significant are research and academic inputs into the fields of aerospace, engineering, science, technology and math. To that end, among the many Purdue University notable alumni is the first man to walk on earth, John Armstrong.
Through Purdue University Online, students enjoy the same rigorous academic programs their campus counterparts. In fact, U.S. News & World Report has ranked Purdue’s online graduate education programs among the very best in the country. Whether you are a seasoned professional or recent undergraduate, look to Purdue University Online for masters and graduate certificates in several fields. These span Business, Communication, Tourism and STEM subjects.
Mission, Vision and ValuesIntegrity and freedom to debate and discuss are key values at Purdue University.
Enrollment, Attendance, GraduationBased on Fall 2015 data, for Purdue University main campus, there were over 9,900 graduate students enrolled at Purdue University.i
- 36% part-time and 64% full-time graduate enrollment i
- 16% enrolled in distance education, 3% in some distance education, 81% not enrolled in distance education i
- 1,800+ masters degrees, 950+ doctorate, 160+ graduate certificates were awarded in the span of 2014-2015 i
Graduate Admissions Requirements
Admission requirements vary for each program at Purdue University. As an example, take two programs, the Online Master of Science in Communication and Online Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism. For both these programs, applicants must first have a telephone interview with an Admissions advisor. From there, they can fill out an online form and submit the items listed below.
- Updated resume
- Official transcripts
- A bachelors degree from an accredited institution and cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Three professional letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- English language proficiency (International students)
- Special Learning Opportunities: Undergrad Distance, Grad Distance
- Credit Accepted: Dual credit, Credit for life experiences, Credit For Military, Advanced placement(AP) credits
- Religious Affiliation: Not applicable
Based on Fall 2015 data, there were 2,400+ full-time and 425+ part-time faculty members at Purdue University (main campus). Also a total of 4,400+ graduate assistants were reported. i Online courses are taught by the same faculty members as campus programs.
- Weekend Evening College Services
- Remedial Services
- Academic Career Counseling Services
- Employment Services for Students
- Placement Services Completers
Enrollment, Attendance, Retention Rates and Graduation
Graduate attendance rate of 65% part-time and 35% full-time
For the years 2017-2018 Kaplan University-Indianapolis awarded: 30 associates, 36 bachelor's degrees, 17 master's degrees
Financial aid may be available to eligible students in the form of Federal Financial Aid, loans, grants, and work study.
- Purdue University Global: Online