Nova Southeastern University
About Nova Southeastern University
About Nova Southeastern University
Nova Southeastern University is a private, not-for-profit, selective and accredited university. Founded by entrepreneurs in 1964, NSU was originally designed as an “MIT of the South, with a twist”.
Today, with a main campus in Fort Lauderdale, NSU has branches in Fort Myers, Jacksonville, Miami, Miramar, Orlando, Palm Beach, and Tampa, Florida, as well as San Juan, Puerto Rico. Moreover, with an Internet connection students can access some of NSU’s great program options online – from wherever they are.
Prospective graduate students can explore over 80 masters and doctoral programs. These span the fields of education, business, psychology, computer sciences, marine biology, criminal justice and health care. Or, for those who seek a professional degree, NSU offers programs in law, medicine, clinical psychology, dental medicine, optometry, pharmacy, audiology, physical therapy, and more.
Mission, Vision and Values
NSU strives to produce alumni who serve with integrity in their lives, fields of study and careers. Their mission is to offer a diverse range of innovative academic programs that complement on-campus educational opportunities with accessible online programs to foster seven core values. These are Academic Excellence, Student-Centered, Integrity, Innovation, Opportunity, Scholarship/Research and Diversity.
Graduate and professional students can apply to specific graduate degree programs through an online application. Each of NSU’s 16 colleges may have their own requirements and deadlines
- Special Learning Opportunities: Undergrad Distance, Grad Distance
- Credit Accepted: Dual credit, Credit for life experiences, Credit For Military, Advanced placement(AP) credits
- Carnegie Classification: Research Universities (high research activity)
- Religious Affiliation: Not applicable
NSU runs on a semester schedule. Students may begin classes in the Fall, Winter or Summer. Individual start dates vary by program.
Based on Fall 2015 data, NSU had 923 full-time and 885 part-time faculty members as well as 7 graduate assistants. i Per the University, in 2015, 85% of full-time faculty held the highest academic degrees in their fields.
Enrollment, Attendance, Graduation
Based on Fall 2015 data, there were 18,595 graduate students enrolled at Nova Southeasterni
- 47% part-time, 53% full-time graduate students i
- 46% enrolled only in distance education, 8% enrolled in some distance education, 46% not enrolled in distance education i
- 3520+ masters degrees, 1800+ doctorate degrees and 350+ graduate certificates were awarded 2015-2016 i
Enrollment, Attendance, Retention Rates and Graduation
Graduate attendance rate of 39% part-time and 61% full-time
For the years 2018-2019 Nova Southeastern University awarded: 1 associates, 1281 bachelor's degrees, 3092 master's degrees, 272 post-master's certificates, 1109 doctor's degrees - professional practice, 768 doctor's degrees - research/scholarship
Financial aid may be available for qualified students. Also, each year Nova Southeastern University offers scholarship opportunities to graduate and first professional students.
- Nova Southeastern University: Fort Lauderdale, FL3301 College Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33314
- Nova Southeastern University: Online
- Nova Southeastern University: Dania Beach, FL8000 North Ocean Drive, Dania Beach, FL, 33004
- Nova Southeastern University: Orlando, FL4850 Millenia Boulevard, Orlando, FL, 32839
- Nova Southeastern University: North Miami Beach, FL1750 Northeast 167th Street, North Miami Beach, FL, 33162
- Nova Southeastern University: Miami, FL8585 SW 124th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33183
- Nova Southeastern University: Tampa, FL3632 Queen Palm Drive, Tampa, FL, 33619
- Nova Southeastern University: Palm Beach Gardens, FL11501 North Military Trail, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, 33410
- Nova Southeastern University: Jacksonville, FL6675 Corporate Center Pkwy #115, Jacksonville, FL, 32216