Master of Science in Food Safety Regulation
The Master of Science in Food Safety Regulation is designed to provide students with an understanding of the legal and regulatory complexities of food production, labeling, and distribution. The program will provide students with the knowledge required for companies and organizations that grow, process, distribute, or sell foods and beverages while complying with federal and state regulatory statutes for the production, distribution, and commercialization of food products.
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Food Safety Regulation, students will:
• Demonstrate a mastery of technical and critical thinking skills in food safety regulation submissions and statutes
• Design, develop, and implement food safety regulatory submissions
• Analyze and evaluate food safety regulatory statutes, regulations, guidance documents and submissions.
Founded in 1876, Johns Hopkins University, a top tier research university with campus locations in Maryland and Washington, DC, has been dedicated to educating its students and cultivating their capacity for life-long learning, to foster independent and original research, and to bring the benefits of discovery to the world.
Through the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences, The Advanced Academic Programs offers various online learning opportunities, showcasing both graduate certificates and graduate degree programs, spanning various industries with the goal of providing a world-class Johns Hopkins education in a part-time format.
• Flexibility - Online students don’t commute to a physical classroom. Instead, they work inside a course management system to complete assignments and interact with instructors and classmates. There are due dates for course work, but students can log in to the course management system at their convenience.
• Excellent Instructors - All AAP courses are taught by highly-accomplished instructors, known for the scholarship and practice of their disciplines. Online courses allow AAP to expand our faculty pool beyond the DC/Baltimore area, offering students the chance to work with excellent instructors from all over the country and the world.
• High levels of interaction - Online students communicate with their instructors and classmates through discussion boards, group assignments, and the occasional live online event. Students often say the online environment allows them to learn as much from their classmates as they do from their instructors and assignments.
All programs are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid:
Size & Settings: