The Path to a better future is right in front of you
Krieger School of Arts and Sciences - Advanced Academic Programs
1625 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036
MS in Applied Economics
The MS in Applied Economics Program develops skill in economic reasoning, and in constructing and estimating economic models through the use of econometrics and other quantitative techniques. This is accomplished by a rigorous and demanding curriculum and a talented and dedicated staff of instructors.
The degree can be pursued at a part-time or a full-time pace. All undergraduate majors are welcome.
Applied Economics students tailor their own course of study and can pursue any of the following areas, or mix and match:
• Public Policy
• Financial Economics and the Macroeconomy
• International Economics and Development
• Spatial Economics (also available online)
• Environmental Economics (also available on-line)
• Health Economics (also available on-line)
• Economics of National Security
• Quantitative Methods
Founded in 1876, Johns Hopkins University, a top tier research university with campus locations in Maryland and Washington, DC, has been dedicated to educating its students and cultivating their capacity for life-long learning, to foster independent and original research, and to bring the benefits of discovery to the world.
Through the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences, The Advanced Academic Programs offers various online learning opportunities, showcasing both graduate certificates and graduate degree programs, spanning various industries with the goal of providing a world-class Johns Hopkins education in a part-time format.
• Flexibility - Online students don’t commute to a physical classroom. Instead, they work inside a course management system to complete assignments and interact with instructors and classmates. There are due dates for course work, but students can log in to the course management system at their convenience.
• Excellent Instructors - All AAP courses are taught by highly-accomplished instructors, known for the scholarship and practice of their disciplines. Online courses allow AAP to expand our faculty pool beyond the DC/Baltimore area, offering students the chance to work with excellent instructors from all over the country and the world.
• High levels of interaction - Online students communicate with their instructors and classmates through discussion boards, group assignments, and the occasional live online event. Students often say the online environment allows them to learn as much from their classmates as they do from their instructors and assignments.
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 20,000-39,999