Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate
Georgetown’s Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate introduces students to the vastness, impact, and excitement of the real estate industry. Through a blend of classroom learning and hands-on application, students not only gain a deep understanding of real estate, but also develop the skills and experience they need to stand out in this highly competitive field.
Throughout the year, students learn from a faculty of industry practitioners in Washington, D.C.—one of the top real estate markets in the world—while cultivating their skills in courses that fuse real estate with business, finance, development, and management. The program’s comprehensive curriculum teaches foundational real estate principles with an emphasis on leadership development, preparing students to successfully manage the evolving challenges, trends, and complexities of this dynamic global industry.
As the largest real estate program in the D.C. area and one of the largest programs in the U.S., Georgetown’s program boasts a faculty of leading industry practitioners and a diverse body of students from across the country and around the world. The program benefits students from various backgrounds—including liberal arts, business, engineering, design, environmental, and international—and offers abundant opportunities for students to network with fellow colleagues, faculty, and alumni at social events organized by the Student Advisory Board of Real Estate (SABRE), the MPS Real Estate program’s student government.
Georgetown’s Real Estate program prepares students to become forward-thinking change agents and shape the future of the real estate industry through:
- Offering more than 50 courses, including a diverse selection of electives, which not only provide a broad base of exposure to various aspects of real estate, but also allow for more in-depth study.
- Integrating developmental, financial, construction, environmental, design, and corporate aspects of real estate into the curriculum to provide a 360-degree perspective of the industry.
- Examining both national and international real estate studies and practices.
- Providing access to a global network of partner organizations to facilitate mentoring, internships, job placement, and additional resources that help students build connections and pursue rewarding careers.
- Teaching real estate technique with an emphasis on leadership development to equip students with a well-rounded skill set.
- Maintaining small class sizes to ensure exceptional quality of both faculty-student and student-student interactions.
- Focusing exclusively on real estate—unlike other graduate and MBA programs—to provide students with an in-depth understanding across all facets of the industry.
All programs offered by Georgetown are accredited through the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
International Student Requirements:
International candidates who hold the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree are welcome to apply. An official course-by-course evaluation from World Education Services or Educational Credential Evaluators will be required to confirm the equivalency of education completed outside of the United States. International applicants for whom English is not their native language must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. Complete admissions requirements are available on our website.
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid:
# of Credits Required:
Finacial assistance is available to those who qualify. Applicants may apply for loans by completing the Free Applicaion for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). FAFSA Code: 001445
Size & Settings: