eorgetown University’s Master of Professional Studies in Journalism immerses
students in the world of modern media in Washington, D.C., where politics, culture, and journalism intersect. The program’s comprehensive, hands-on curriculum helps students develop and master the core reporting and writing skills that are essential to journalism while emphasizing the contemporary digital and entrepreneurial skills that place them in high demand in today’s job market. Georgetown’s accomplished faculty of
award-winning journalists and media leaders bring their experience and expertise fromthe newsroom into the classroom, incorporating the latest tools, trends, and techniques to prepare students to become forward-thinking leaders in the field.
- Emphasizes the essential writing, reporting, and digital media skills necessary for a successful journalism career, both now and in the future
- Integrates classroom learning with real-world experience in the vibrant political and cultural landscape of Washington, D.C.
- Prepares students with a strong foundation of industry skills and knowledge built on the core principles of accurate and fair reporting, sophisticated storytelling, and sound, ethical judgment
- Offers unique opportunities to collaborate with industry innovators, media insiders, and award-winning journalists
- Provides a comprehensive understanding of the modern-day journalism industry
- Features flexible schedules that accommodate working professionals
The program’s distinguished faculty of working journalists and media professionals includes winners of the Pulitzer Prize, the Emmy Awards, and the National Magazine Awards. Faculty members represent news organizations such as the Associated Press,Bloomberg News, CBS News, CNN, MSNBC, National Geographic, The New York Times, NPR, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post.
All programs offered by Georgetown are accredited through the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
International candidates who hold the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree are welcome to apply. An official course-by-course evaluation from World Education Services (wes.org) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ece.org) will be required to confirm the equivalency of education completed outside of the United States. International applicants for whom English is not their native language must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. Complete admissions requirements are available on our website.