M.A. - International Affairs
DMDP with Sookmyung Women’s University’s Graduate School of International Service
How it works:
• After being admitted to SIS, students spend their first academic year on major field requirements. In early May students will officially apply to Sookmyung Women’s University by submitting an application, transcript from the first semester at AU, Statement of Purpose (in English), copy of passport and financial documents.
• Students will receive acceptance packets in early July and orientation at Sookmyung takes place in late August.
• Students work closely with advisors (and financial aid, if applicable) to plan what they will register for and when while they are away. Students can transfer up to 15 credits to their Sookmyung degree. AU will transfer back 15 credit hours to the SIS degree.
• Students will pay Sookmyung Women’s University directly.
What you will study:
Sookmyung Women’s University has two major programs in the Graduate School of International Service:
• Human Security and International Organization
• International PR and Cross Cultural Understanding
All majors are required to take classes in International Relations Theory, Understanding Contemporary Culture, PR for Government and International Organizations, Politics and Government in the Age of Information, U.S.-Korea relations, and Special Lectures on International Affairs.
AU students should take 18 credits hours for two semester, 9 credtis hours each semester. For the first semester, students take three lectures. For the second semester, students take one lecture(three credit hours), and write thesis(6 credit hours).
• Sookmyung was established as the nation’s first women’s university in 1906. The university puts a special emphasis on developing leadership skills among its students with the goal of producing 10% of Korea’s leaders by 2020. The Graduate School of International Service admits female and male students into their program.
Accreditors Approved by U.S. Secretary of Education:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education