The Path to a better future is right in front of you
Jack Welch College of Business
Office of Graduate Admissions
5151 Park Ave
Fairfield, CT 06825
Doctor of Business Administration in Finance
Our established Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Finance program, part of Sacred Heart University's AACSB accredited Jack Welch College of Business, is an applied research doctoral degree designed for finance executives, advanced business professionals and finance academicians to expand and deepen their knowledge and to acquire state-of-the-art qualifications for furthering their careers.
Unlike the traditional Ph.D. model that prepares candidates for academic careers, the DBA program focuses on developing knowledge with direct global business applications and prepares graduates for executive careers in business and financial institutions, consulting firms, government agencies or academic careers that require an equivalent of a PhD degree from an accredited institution.
You will find our DBA program to be highly focused and personalized, as it leads to specialized, original dissertation research projects matching the student's interests and career aspirations. Courses are developed and taught by accomplished Sacred Heart University scholars in the discipline of finance as well as visiting faculty from around the world.
The DBA uses a unique student cohort model, hands-on learning laboratories and blended “executive program” style meeting formats to encourage collaboration and networking among colleagues. During the first two years of the program, the weekend residency focuses on face-to-face classroom instruction, while independent research and dissertation preparation take center stage in the DBA’s final year. To fit the schedules of busy working professionals, most classes in the three-year, part-time program will meet at our new Martire Business & Communications Center located in Fairfield, CT five Friday evenings and Saturdays each trimester.
In keeping with the program’s mission and vision, five key program-level goals have been determined:
1. You will be prepared for a highly specialized career in a business or financial institution, consulting firm, government agency or academic career.
2. You will acquire advanced knowledge in finance and gain research skills for conducting independent, complex financial projects.
3. You will demonstrate the creation of new knowledge through original research.
4. You will gain global perspective on issues related to financial markets and institutions.
5. You will comprehend and appreciate the importance of high ethical standards and values for finance professionals.
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: No
# of Credits Required: 48
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Large Suburb
Size & Settings: 3,000-5,999