Master of Science in Finance
The Master of Science in Finance (MSF) is ranked #19 by US News & World Report. Additionally,the AACSB accredited Dolan School of Business at Fairfield University is ranked among the best undergraduate and graduate business programs in Money Magazine, US News & World Report and The Princeton Review. The Master of Science in Finance is a 30-credit program which can be completed in as quickly as 1 year as a full-time student or 2 years as a part-time student. Candidates may specialize in Accounting, Business Analytics or Corporate Finance.Dolan is conveniently located in Fairfield, Connecticut with easy access to New York City. This ideal location enables graduate students to easily access employment and professional development opportunities. 95% of Dolan graduate students are employed within 6 months of graduation.
- Business Analytics – develop your skills for continuous iterative exploration and investigation of past business performance to gain insight and drive business planning by using data and statistical methods.
- Corporate Finance - broaden and deepen your skills in corporate development/strategic planning and/or risk management
- Accounting – sharpen your accounting acumen. Candidates must have an undergraduate degree (BS or BA) with a major in accounting or the equivalent for the Accounting specialization.
The Assiciation to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB Interntational) has accredited the Dolan School of Business at Fairfield University since 1997. Fairfield University is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (formerly the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education o the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.).
Applicants for a master’s degree must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university (or the international equivalent) and have an adequate background in the areas of:
• Financial Accounting
Application requirements are as follows:
• Apply online
• Official transcripts from all universities/colleges attended
• $60 application fee
• A professional résumé
• A statement of purpose
• 2 letters of recommendation
• Official score for the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). The GRE can be substituted for the GMAT. For information regarding our GMAT/GRE waiver policy, please contact Pam Pillo
International Student Requirements:
All international students whose native language is not
English must demonstrate proficiency in the English
language by taking either TOEFL or IELTS exams. For
admission to the graduate school a minimum TOEFL of
80 on the internet-based test or an IELTS score of 6.5 is required. All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an approved
evaluating service. A list of approved evaluators is available. Finally, international candidates must supply copy of a passport.
Facts & Figures
# of Credits Required:
Average Cost per Credit (Graduate):
Master's College or University I
Size & Settings: