Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT): Teacher Education with Specializations in Mathematics (7-12), Scie
The MAT program is designed to offer high quality, full-time, degree-bearing teacher preparation to career changers and traditional age students who have demonstrated content mastery and wish to expedite their preparation to teach in the shortage areas of mathematics, sciences, English, Spanish, or technology and engineering education. The 13-month program begins in late May each year and uses a cohort model to enhance program completion rates and teacher retention
as graduates enter teaching. Note: Available science certifications include physics, chemistry, earth science, and biology.
Program Learning Outcomes:
Graduate students in the program will:
• possess strong knowledge of content, pedagogy, and students;
• use data, content knowledge, and pedagogical content knowledge to critically examine practice for the purpose of improving student learning;
• design and deliver instructional and assessment strategies that facilitate significant learning for all students;
• create a positive and supportive learning environment; and
• act ethically, respectfully, and responsibly in work with students, families, and colleagues.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: Yes
International Financial Aid: Yes
Classification: Master's College or University I
Locale: Large Suburb
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999