University of Denver
Division of Social Science
Media, Film & Journalism Studies
2199 S University Blvd
Denver, CO 80208
International & Intercultural Communication M.A., Media and Public Communication: Strategic Communication M.A., Media and Public Communication: Media and Globalization M.A.
The University of Denver's diverse and innovative graduate programs will prepare you to succeed in a variety of media and communication careers, and help you understand what it means to be an ethical and socially aware communicator.
Students may choose from three specialized programs:
- M.A. in International & Intercultural Communication
- M.A. in Media & Public Communication: Strategic Communication
- M.A. in Media & Public Communication: Media & Globalization
What sets the University of Denver's program apart?
- Commitment to positive change through communication
- Small seminars and personalized attention
- Access to media decision-makers
- Tailored professional internships
- Highly engaged student and faculty community
- Flexible, customized coursework
- Wide range of portfolio development opportunities
Students are prepared for dynamic and innovative career paths in an increasingly multi-platform and multicultural media environment, and will gain a solid theoretical and practical foundation for pursuing advanced degrees and conducting independent research projects in academic or professional settings.
At the University of Denver, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop creative campaigns for corporate and non-profit clients
- Participate in community-focused learning projects
- Partner with non-profit organizations
- Integrate theoretical concepts with the professional skills needed for a successful career
As a graduate student, you will also have access to our internship program, a unique extension of the classroom that allows you to gain experience and make connections that can benefit you after graduation.
Potential careers include:
- Public relations and marketing
- Multicultural health communication
- Social and digital media
- Event planning
- Global and intercultural public affairs
- Public diplomacy
- International and higher education
- International development communication
- Cross-cultural and diversity training
- Non-profit program management and communication
As a graduate student in the University of Denver's Department of Media, Film, and Journalism Studies, you will work closely with our internationally recognized faculty to pursue your own research. Small seminar courses allow faculty to get to know your individual interests and abilities, creating lifelong connections.
Facts & Figures
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 10,000-19,999