The Path to a better future is one click away...
Click Visit Site below to get information from this school
ECOT 311, 530 UCB
University of Colorado, 478UCB
Boulder, CO 80309
MFA in Experience Design
The Department of Theatre and Dance at the University of Colorado Boulder offers a professional MFA program in Experience Design (XD). This form of Experience Design is conducted by professionals in the Destination/Attraction/Event Design Industry. These are the people who create site and event-based interactive experiences for the public (e.g.: cultural and entertainment destinations, museums, theme parks, zoos, aquariums, memorials, selected retail establishments, exhibits and alternative theatre productions, etc.). These experiences tend to be immersive, having an impact on the senses, mind, body and spirit of attendees.
The professionals in this field talk about their jobs as being “storytellers.” The story is told through the design of a live, prescribed experience in some kind of locale or site, a destination created for the public. The process of designing that experience is collaborative and creative. Professionals in this industry seek new recruits who possess traditional design skills but can also think creatively, communicate with versatility and collaborate on a design team effectively. This program focuses on the development of those skills.
1. Complete the CU online application and fee
2. Submit unofficial transcripts
3. Provide two letters of recommendation
4. Provide a statement of purpose that addresses educational and career goals, personal philosophy of design, and current understanding of Experience Design (one to three pages)
5. Submit via web link a digital portfolio that demonstrates current aptitude in areas of design and creativity (see program website for more information)
Refer to the department website for detailed application instructions.
Every other year the professional MFA in Experience Design will accept applications in fall for entry the following August.
• Deadline for Fall 2017 entry
o Application Window December 15, 2016 – April 1, 2017
• The next application deadline will be December of 2018 for Fall 2019 entry.
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Locale: Small City
Size & Settings: 20,000-39,999