Colorado Technical University-Colorado Springs
About Colorado Technical University-Colorado Springs
Why Consider Colorado Technical University?
Colorado Technical University emphasizes providing non-traditional education to non-traditional students. Students can work with counselors to tailor the structure of their programs and curricula design to meet their unique needs and interests. Students can also refine their studies to better the needs of their employers. Here are some other reasons to consider Colorado Technical University online or on campus:
Commitment to the Military
Robert Turkisher was a Major and navigator who served as Colorado Technical University’s founder and first president. Together with Richard Davis, a Colonel and a pilot, Turkisher created Colorado Technical University to help U.S. veterans more easily transition back to civilian life through easy access to education. Since 2008, CTU has awarded more than $8.5 million in scholarships to wounded warriors and their families to attend CTU. As a military-centric school, CTU works hard to provide current members of the military and veterans with the support they need to attend school and earn a degree.
Work and Life Experience Credits
Colorado Technical University offers Fast Track options to accelerate students’ academic programs. Students can do the following to potentially qualify for academic credit:
- Take fast Track exams that test students’ knowledge in key course objectives. For each exam that receives an appropriate score, students earn credit toward their degree.
- Submit a portfolio of experiential learning. By submitting a portfolio that showcases and provides evidence of students’ experiential learning through careers and other means, students can potentially earn academic credit.
- Military members and veterans can submit evidence of training and Military Occupational Specialties to potentially qualify for academic credit.
- Show evidence of professional training and certification to potentially qualify for academic credit.
- Take standardized tests to potentially earn academic credit in certain areas.
Online and On-Campus Options
Colorado Tech University extends beyond the digital classroom and onto campuses. This enables students to elect what fits them best: completely flexible distance learning, on-campus learning with structure and in-person learning, or a perfect-for-them blend between the two.
Colorado Technical University’s blend between online and on-campus programming enables students to decide for themselves what works best. For some semesters and subjects, in-person learning with face-to-face interaction with teachers and classmates might work best. For other semesters and subjects, freedom to take class at 11:00 pm might be crucial. Studying for some subjects might be a breeze without the structured support of specific class times and locations, and other subjects might thrive within structure.
Beyond its virtual classroom, Colorado Technical University offers on-campus learning at two locations:
- Colorado Technical University Aurora (also sometimes referred to as Colorado Technical University Denver because of Aurora’s proximity to Denver)
- Colorado Technical University Colorado Springs
(Note that Colorado Technical University Sioux Falls has closed. Students interested in that campus might consider CTU’s online options.)
Technology-Driven Programming for Flexibility and Convenience
Colorado Technical University has offered digital programming since its inception. As technology evolves, Colorado Technical University ardently adjusts its programming to better utilize technology’s social, logistical, and structural opportunities. Accessible digital platforms help students engage with teachers and classmates with ease and track materials, assignments, and other components of the digital classroom successfully. Online education, including customizable programming, 24-hour access to platforms and technical support, and options to blend online courses with on-campus ones, make pursuing education simpler for learners with professional, familial, and other obligations.
Mission, Vision and ValuesColorado Technical University strives to provide higher education to a diverse range of students through innovative technology and experienced faculty. Its goal is to provide industry-relevant education that enables students’ pursuit of personal and professional goals.
Prior to submitting an application to Colorado Technical University, prospective students connect with an Admissions Advisor in person or by phone to explore options and solidify their decision to apply. Students then apply through an online application process and by submitting required documentation.
- TOEFL or IELTS: Non-native speakers of English must submit official test scores to prove English proficiency.
- Military Benefits: Use CTU’s Military and Veteran Resource Community Tool to explore and utilize the benefits available to military and veteran applicants.
- Program Requirements: To apply to graduate programs at Colorado Technical University, applicants must meet the requirements of the college and their specific program. In addition to materials required by the school, applicants need to submit transcripts, evidence that they hold a bachelor’s degree, test scores, essays, and other materials required by the master’s or doctorate degree program.
- Special Learning Opportunities: Undergrad Distance, Grad Distance
- Credit Accepted: Dual credit, Credit for life experiences, Credit For Military, Advanced placement(AP) credits
- Carnegie Classification: Master's Colleges and Universities (larger programs)
- Religious Affiliation: Not applicable
- There are 835 full-time faculty
- 1156 Part-time instructional faculty
- Weekend Evening College Services
- Remedial Services
- Academic Career Counseling Services
- Placement Services Completers
- Library Services
Enrollment, Attendance, Retention Rates and Graduation
Graduate attendance rate of 13% part-time and 87% full-time
For the years 2017-2018 Colorado Technical University-Colorado Springs awarded: 1433 associates, 2592 bachelor's degrees, 1515 master's degrees, 129 doctor's degrees
Accrediting agencies set academic standards and measure whether or not colleges and universities comply. Accreditation helps ensure quality and hold schools accountable for meeting rigorous standards. Colorado Technical University accreditation is as follows:
- CTU has institutional accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission, a regional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
- CTU’s business programs have programmatic accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- The Master of Science in Nursing at CTU has programmatic accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Six of CTU’s Project Management degree programs are globally accredited by the Project Management Institute Global Accreditation Center
- The school is full of many supportive people who genuinely care for each other. You just really need to join something that interests you and then you'll be able to find some great friends. People seem very chill for it being considered a top university. Definitely a calmer atmosphere compared to schools like Stanford and Berkeley.
- The university provides the best of both academics opportunities as well as extracurricular activities in order to help their students explore and/or grow their skills on a specific or variety of fields. Their goal is to get their students involved in what they love in order to grow and expand the students knowledge.
- Overall, I love being a student at USC. On campus, I am a research assistant, a newspaper writer, and a dancer on the competitive hip-hop team. I've met a wide variety of students at USC, some who astound me with their intelligence and hobbies. I love talking to my professors during their office hours. The downsides to being a USC student is that a lot of things are inordinately expensive, the tuition keeps rising (unnecessarily), and the area around it is not super nice.
- Colorado Technical University: Greenwood Village, CO5775 DTC Blvd, Suite 260, Denver, CO, 80111
- Colorado Technical University: Colorado Springs, CO4435 N. Chestnut Street, Colorado Springs, CO, 80907
- Colorado Technical University: Online
Colorado Technical University focuses on providing career-focused education through programs that help students develop their skills and knowledge.
Students can pursue master’s degrees in areas of business and management such as:
- Data analytics
- Global Leadership
- Project management
- Healthcare management
- Public administration management
They can study a variety of areas of technology such as:
- Cybersecurity engineering
- Data science
- Database systems
- Software engineering
- Network management
- Information systems management
Students interesting in safety, security, and justice can study:
- Criminal justice
- Homeland security
- Emergency management and public health
And nursing students can earn advanced education in:
- Nursing administration
- Nursing education
Students who want to earn doctorate degrees to enhance their careers can do so in computer science, management, nursing, and business administration across a large range of emphases.