Vanguard University of Southern California
About Vanguard University of Southern California
Why Choose Vanguard University?Vanguard University hosts a diverse, Christian community and could be an idyllic place for students who want to integrate faith with their studies. Vanguard offers a variety of undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies programs designed to cultivate spiritual growth through educational development within small class sizes. Some of the most popular courses offered here are:
- Theological Studies
Integrating Faith and Life Through EducationForming the bedrock of Vanguard University is the integration of faith and life through education and academic excellence. Therefore, all of the courses and programs integrate Christian ideals and experiences. Civic responsibility, respecting cultural and individual differences, and caring for others are also important cornerstones in the education process here.
The Professional Studies ProgramThis special program is for working adults who can complete their degree by attending class only one night per week or online depending on the program.
Vanguard Student ExperienceVanguard students can join one of the many on-campus clubs or start their own club. Most of the clubs promote cultural awareness and enrichment, Christian practices, and politics. There’s even a Surf Club and a Veteran’s Club. Those who choose to live on campus are close to concerts and events at the Orange County Fairground and a few miles to the beach and Disneyland.
Access to Student Support ServicesVanguard University offers a wide variety of support services. Enrich your study in the Academic Resource Center or shop for a new title at the bookstore. Other services include Disability Services, a Career Counseling Center, and a Church Relations department.
Service Programs for Service Members and VeteransThe Veteran Services program follows the University’s mission by integrating student veterans into the faith-based philosophy and cultivating relationships with other student veterans.
Mission, Vision & Values
Vanguard is committed to cultivating character, deepening faith, and preparing students for diverse vocations, leadership roles, and programs. Its mission is to provide an opportunity for students to earn a degree at a faith-based, accredited university.
Vanguard values include truth, virtue, and service.
AdmissionsApplication for Vanguard programs can be completed online. Application deadlines are in Fall, Spring, and Summer.
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required for admission into any programs and is not considered in evaluating student applications.
- All programs require a Personal Statement, which must include the relationship between your professional goals and your Christian faith.
- Vanguard does accept transfer credits/units from other institutions.
Enrollment, Attendance, Retention Rates and Graduation
Graduate attendance rate of 72% part-time and 28% full-time
For the years 2018-2019 Vanguard University of Southern California awarded: 5 associates, 462 bachelor's degrees, 105 master's degrees
- Regional Accreditation: Vanguard University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
- Program Accreditation: Vanguard’s nursing education programs at the baccalaureate degree levels are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CNURED). Additionally, its theater programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Theatre, Commission on Accreditation (THEA).
- Vanguard University is a member of Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.