Vanguard offers the training necessary to make you one of Southern California’s most sought-after teachers.
The perfect fit for the teacher with a passion for excellence…
- Complete your teaching credential coursework in 2 semesters.
- Complete your M.A. in Education with an additional 12 graduate units.
- Each M.A. option allows you the flexibility to individualize your educational plan to meet your specific professional goals.
The mission of the Graduate Program in Education is to provide a supportive, reflective learning community in which teachers develop the professional relationships, skills, and knowledge base necessary to empower ALL students to reach their highest potential. This program integrates vibrant Christian faith with all facets of learning and life.
Program learning outcomes for the CA Preliminary Credential (K-12) are established by the State of California Commission on Teacher Credentialing and are entitled, California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTPs):
- Candidates build on students’ prior knowledge, life experiences, and interests to engage and support all students in learning
- Candidates create and maintain effective environments for student learning by engaging all students in purposeful learning activities
- Candidates possess a clear understanding of subject matter and organize instruction for student learning
- Candidates plan instruction and design learning experiences for all students that draws on and values students’ backgrounds, prior knowledge and interests
- Candidates assess student learning by establishing and clearly communicating learning goals for all students
- Candidates reflect on their teaching practice and actively engage in planning their professional development
CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING PROGRAM OPTIONS:
Teaching Credential – For candidates seeking the Single Subject Teaching Credential for secondary teaching or the Multiple Subject Teaching Credential for elementary teaching. May be completed in two semesters. Prerequisite coursework for the credential may require an additional semester of study.
MA in Education – May be completed in four semesters (two years). Includes coursework options in the following areas:
- Christian Education Leadership
- Teacher Leadership
- Credit for Induction
Combined Teaching Credential and MA in Education – May be completed in four semesters (two years). Prerequisite coursework for the credential may require an additional semester of study.
Vanguard University is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).