It is aimed at junior faculty in clinical departments, fellows, residents, 4th year medical students, physicians and others with a solid basic science foundation who are interested in developing the skills needed to conduct, interpret, evaluate and apply clinical research. This degree program is also appropriate for those with doctoral preparation in other disciplines who are interested in clinical research. The recent rising interest in evidence-based medicine, comparative effectiveness research and the science of quality assessment and improvement, make the MS-BATS program particularly timely. This program has been developed to address the acute needs for clinical researchers trained to meet the increasingly sophisticated demands of the clinical research environment. Interested graduate students wishing to apply for the Fall 2012 entrance into the program will need to apply by January 17th, 2012.
WASC and LCME
International Student Requirements:
Minimum English Proficiency Score Requirements TOEFL Minimum Score Requirements
- A minimum score of 213 on the computer-based test version, OR
- A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based test version
TOEFL iBT Minimum Score Requirement
- A minimum overall score of 80 AND
- A minimum score of 26 on the “speaking” component
1. TOEFL and TOEFL iBT scores that are more than two years old will not be accepted for consideration and the test must be taken again before applying.
2. TOEFL or TOEFL iBT scores you may receive from “institutional (non-ETS) administrations” will not be accepted.
IELTS Minimum Band Score Requirements
- A minimum overall band score of 7 , AND
- A minimum band score of 7 on the “Speaking” module, AND
- A minimum band score of 6 on each of the other modules; i.e., English “Listening”, “Reading” and “Writing”
Facts & Figures
In State Tuition (per year): 14944 USD
Out State Tuition (per year): 15102 USD
Classification: Doctoral/Research University—Extensive
Loans Offered: Tuition assistance is available through student loans
Locale: Midsize City