John Brown University

The Graduate School

MS in Marriage and Family Therapy


2807 Ajax Avenue, Ste 200

Siloam Springs, AR 72903

United States



Program Information

Degrees Offered:

MS in Marriage and Family Counseling

Format: Campus

Program Description:

Since 1995, John Brown University's Graduate Counseling programs have been implementing their mission to prepare counselors with Christ-like character, integrity, compassion, and commitment to be reflective professionals and skilled decision makers. The conceptual framework of Competence, Attitudes and character, Relationships and Essential knowledge (CARE) represents the explication of this mission. With a counseling master's degree, you will be prepared professionally for counseling and guidance positions in public and private elementary and secondary schools, community agencies, private agencies and pastoral settings. And, as a counseling student, you have the opportunity to add an emphases to any of the degree programs. The emphases include Marriage and Family Therapy, Community Counseling, Play Therapy and School Counseling. JBU's MS in Marriage and Family Therapy meets the national standards of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT) and, upon completion of the program, students are eligible to take the national exam in MFT and to pursue state licensure.


JBU's counseling programs are backed by these accreditations: Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association*, National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and the Arkansas Department of Education

International Student Requirements:

To be eligible for any of JBU's graduate degree programs you must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college. International students must also submit an application and $100 non-refundable application fee, official transcripts from all universities attended, three letters of recommendation, official TOEFL test scores, immunization record including date of measles/rubella vaccination (if you plan to be enrolled for 12 or more hours during a semester), proof of health insurance, official documents showing ability to pay college costs or an Affidavit of Support (US Citizenship and Immigration Services form I-134 available through the International Programs Office) completed by a US sponsor, deposit for one year covering the cost of tuition for one year, official GRE scores. For more information about these requirements, go to our web site.

Facts & Figures

Financial Aid: Yes

International Financial Aid: Yes

# of Credits Required: 64

Average Cost per Credit (Graduate): $495 USD

Classification: Baccalaureate College—General

Locale: Distant Town

Size & Settings: 1,000-2,999

Find Schools