University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth School of Architecture
MA Interior Design
MA Interior Design
About this course >>This course allows you to develop and grow your own creative practice whilst positioning yourself within a theoretical context.
You will engage in the exploration of space conceptually and pragmatically, encouraging your own response to the functionality and visual design of existing sites. You’ll also inspect the consideration of materiality and the relationship of the interior idea to architecture.
Experience >>On this course you can:
• Get involved with some of our regional regeneration projects to test and develop your ideas
• Undertake studio-based design projects and engage with our other collaborative projects with academic institutions in a range of countries including Turkey, Spain and Australia
• Have the opportunity to ‘earn and learn’ by working on real-life contracts through our Projects Office
Opportunities >>Interior design can be transient or durable, small or large, can engage at a detailed product design level or at an urban level, but at whichever level, the demand for skilled professionals is increasing, as is the requirement for innovative sustainable designs.
This course provides a firm grounding for employment in a range of design offices, as well as other property-related jobs.
Here are some routes our graduates have pursued:
• interior design
• working for housing associations
• computer graphics
• working for local and public authorities
1 Year (Full Time); 2 Years (Part-Time)
International Student Requirements:
Predominantly English-speaking applicants have no requirements. For all other applicants – English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: No
International Financial Aid: No