We offer MRes, MPhil, MLitt and PhD in Theology and Religious Studies
Our PhD is 3 years full-time and 5 years part-time. You will be expected to produce original work that
makes a significant contribution to knowledge in, or understanding of, your field of study, and a PhD thesis of 70,000 – 100,000 words.
Topics in which we would welcome postgraduate research include:
• biblical studies
• systematic theology – including interreligious theory and hermeneutics
• literature, theology and the arts
• gender, sexuality and the body
• religion, culture and critical theory
• Islamic studies
• Practical theology.
Some examples of our current research projects include:
• image, alterity and artistic production in modern Jewish thought
• the language of theology in China and the West: research consortium between University of Glasgow, Renmin University Beijing and the Chinese University of Hong Kong
• sense over sectarianism
• technology and religion: structural affinities and cultural challenges
• the THIRD MIND: American artists contemplate Asia 1860-1989.
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid:
In State Tuition (per year):
Out State Tuition (per year):