University of Essex
School of Health and Human Sciences
Do you have the enhanced skills in advance care that are needed in the new dental contract? Dental practitioners who do are likely to be commissioned to provide specialised services under the proposed new dental contract. Periodontology is just one of those specialised services you could be commissioned to do.
Why study MSc Periodontology (Dentist) at Essex?
Gain a broad and critical understanding of the key concepts underlying clinical periodontal practice. At Essex, you critically appraise research findings and develop your own evidence-based practice. Our MSc Periodontology provides an educational route, by credit accumulation, to acquire the skills and knowledge of a Dentist with Enhanced Skills (DES). If you are a registered dental hygienist or dental therapist, our MSc Advanced Periodontal Practice course provides an educational route for you to acquire advanced skills and knowledge in periodontology.
1. Gain experience in our purpose built facilities – dental skills labs and clinical patient care facilities
2. Our flexible study options fit around the busy working lives of clinicians – make study part of your lifestyle
3. Expand your knowledge and interest in a broad range of dental disciplines
4. Learn from experienced clinicians who provide expert oral health care in clinical settings
5. Reinforce and enhance the skills which are required for everyday clinical practice
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid:
Higher Education Institution (Not Carnegie Classified)