The Edinburgh MBA If you are looking to significantly enhance your career prospects - either within your current organisation or somewhere new - the Full-time MBA at The University of Edinburgh Business School offers a dynamic, intensive opportunity for progression. Studied over 12 months, this taught programme is designed to prepare you to progress with confidence into leadership roles. The programme will:
• deepen your understanding of how businesses and markets work
• how value is created through innovation and marketing
• how strategies are crafted
• how businesses are financed
• how performance is measured
• how value is delivered efficiently and effectively
• we will explore challenges of internationalisation and doing business with emerging markets
• and how organisations should be governed, managed and led through change.
The Edinburgh MBA will help to give you the confidence and the abilities to attain a senior management position and develop the skills you’ll need to progress to a genuine leadership role.
For more information on programme content: http://www.business-school.ed.ac.uk/mba/full-time
An MBA is one of the best ways to secure your future in this highly competitive environment. Many organisations see an MBA as providing their employees - or future employees - with the necessary skills and attributes to progress to senior positions. 88% of our MBA graduates find a job within 3 months of graduating.
The Edinburgh MBA has several integrated components and features that can make a real difference in helping you to achieve your career goals. These include:
• The Professional Development core course is unique in its combination of diagnostic tools, exercises and inputs, designed to help identify personal and career related goals.
• Opportunities to work on consultancy projects and real life business issues. For example our Management Consultancy Project sees students exploring a strategic issues for real clients. In the last few years students have travelled to: South Africa, Switzerland, Russia and Ghana as part of this process.
• The Edinburgh MBA has a diverse cohort having a variety of different backgrounds and experiences including students from, on average, 20 different nationalities.
• There are a number of opportunities to also engage with corporates in terms of guest speakers and consultancy projects. In addition there are a number of Business Engagement Student Treks that are available to give students additional valuable insights, knowledge and experience. For example in 2014 we launched the Women in Leadership trek that involved a visit to London to meet inspirational women who have achieved significant success in business careers. In 2015/16 we also the International Business in Context elective went to Colombia and met with business leaders from companies such as Unilever and Johnson & Johnson, Nutresa, Metro de Medellin, Postobon.
Not only will you benefit from attaining an MBA from one of the most reputable Universities in the world, you will also be studying in the heart of Edinburgh, perfectly placed to engage with the local, national and international business community. Not only that but a beautiful city of culture!
The minimum academic requirements is a UK 2:1 honours degree from a University. For USA this is equivalent to GPA 3.25+ (4 point scale) and mid B+ for Canada. Additional requirements include: 3 years work experience in a managerial role as minimum. There are also English language requirements if you are not a national from a majority English speaking country.
The minimum academic requirements is a UK 2:1 honours degree from a good University. Some examples of international equivalents are: China 80-85%+, B+; Germany 2.5+ (reverse 5 point scale) Sehr Gut/Gut; India 1st Class degree (60%+). Additional requirements include: 3 years work experience in a managerial role as minimum. There are also English language requirements if you are not a national from a majority English speaking country such as: IELTS score of 7.0 (with no score lower than 6.0 in each section), or TOEFL iBT 100 (with scores no lower than 20 in each section).