MA Writing: Imaginative Practice
The MA in Writing offers an exciting, mixed-genre approach to writing, allowing students to hone their writing through critical creative practice. This MA combines the strengths of many programmes (Theatre Studies, Film, Creative Writing, Music Cultures) allowing students fertile ground for experimentation and the possibility to break out of old forms and traditional restrictions.
* Full-time or part-time programme, in the evenings, and is taught by a team of renowned writers with international experience.
* Focus on new writing: expand personal frontiers; create hybrid forms.
* Practice as research approach.
* Emphasis on producing work for publication/performance/production that expresses contemporary writing and the cosmopolitan and international flavour of our university.
* Interdisciplinary workshops in drama, music, new media, film, fiction, and new poetic forms.
* Students are encouraged to explore the areas of Realisms, Genre, and Adaptation, leading to preparation for a practice-based dissertation.
Instruction on dissemination of outputs, including an examination of the issues surrounding access to distribution channels, agents, publishing, performance contexts, and alternatives to traditional avenues, including the Internet and the future of publishing.
The programme runs over three semesters. Semester A and B run for 12 weeks each. Three hour classes will be held in the evenings to accommodate part-time students and those who are employed during the day. There are one to one tutorials throughout the year.
Contact the school for information
Facts & Figures
International Financial Aid:
International Financial Aid Description:
Students can use a variety of different types of financial aid (including FAFSA) to study at UEL.