Leadership in Dementia Care (Part time) (MSc)
There are estimated to be around 750,000 people in the UK who are living with Dementia, and as the population of the UK is ageing, the number of people diagnosed with this condition is rising. Despite excellent levels of care from service providers around the country, there is much to be done if this level of person-centred care is to be upheld. The aim is for all Dementia care across the UK to be delivered with compassion, respect, sensitivity and understanding within a culture of enablement and support.
This unique part-time programme aims to transform the care experience and quality of life of people with dementia. The goal is to achieve better awareness, early diagnosis and high quality treatment at every stage and in every setting within dementia services.
By the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate in-depth appreciation of the characteristics of dementia and apply this to dementia care.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of current evidence and policy.
- Provide expert care for the person with Dementia and be able to explain the rationale for care strategies.
- Demonstrate critical and insightful self-awareness of own attitudes, feelings, behaviours, and coping strategies to effectively manage care relationships.
- Role model effective and accountable leadership to ensure members of your team are effectively trained and well supported in delivering compassionate person-centred care.