This innovative distance-learning programme is taught online and will provide you with knowledge and understanding in the highly topical and exciting field of stem cell biology and regeneration. You will be guided from the origins of this field through to its application (and potential applications) in treating human disease, covering the latest tools and technologies available for study in this area. Programme content is delivered by researchers active in the field, ensuring that the latest breakthroughs are communicated.
Using a creative distance-learning model, the programme delivers lectures, online discussions and assessments over the internet. This offers you more flexibility than traditional campus-based courses as you can study in your own environment. You will only be required to visit Bristol for your formal examinations at the end of the academic year. This distance-learning model, together with a part-time study option, makes the programme particularly appealing to those students who wish to combine full-time employment with study.
- Introduction to Stem Cells and Regeneration
- Neurodegeneration and Ophthalmic Disorders
- Molecular Tools in Stem Cells and Regeneration
- Peripheral Neuropathy and Spine
- Cell Signalling
- Biomaterials and their Use in the Skeletal System
- Stem Cells in Cardiac Systems
- Research Project/Dissertation