This programme combines the academic excellence of the School of Experimental Psychology with the clinical experience, knowledge and skill of a large and well-established clinical neuropsychology department within North Bristol NHS Trust, a regional neurosciences hospital that has an international reputation for excellence in neuroscience.
The programme places a strong focus on patient care, diagnosis and management of a range of neurological conditions, and is delivered by academics and experienced clinicians. The Clinical Neuropsychology Department offers neuropsychology services to a broad range of patient groups: both paediatric and adult, acute inpatient and outpatient, as well as patients seen primarily for diagnostic assessment and patients seen for rehabilitation.
Services are offered to patients being referred from neurosurgery, neurology, neuropsychiatry, and rehabilitation medicine, as well as from physicians within the stroke services. Clinical services are also offered to specialist programmes of interventional neurosurgery, principally for epilepsy and movement disorders but also more recently for mood disorders. Along with working within the acute hospital trust, the department provides input to specialist inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services for people with acquired brain injury.
All lectures are broadcast live online using Adobe Connect and can be viewed at a later date. Some units are provided in a block format of teaching (ie one unit over a single week). The others are presented as lectures on a weekly basis.
- Functional Neuroanatomy, Neuroscience Methods and Issues in Neuropsychology (30 credits)
- Part A: Issues in Neuropsychology
- Part B: Functional Neuroanatomy and Neuroscience Methods
- Applied Clinical Neuropsychology and Principles of Assessment (30 credits)
- Part A: Assessment in Clinical Neuropsychology
- Part B: Applied Neuropsychology
- Development, Rehabilitation and Evidence-based Neuropsychology and Principles of Clinical Statistics (30 credits)
- Part A: Development and Rehabilitation
- Part B: Evidence-Based Neuropsychology
- Theoretical and Clinical Neuropsychology (30 credits)
- Part A: Clinical Neuropsychology in Practice
- Part B: Theoretical Neuropsychology
- Dissertation (60 credits)