The programme will:
• prepare students for the teaching profession as primary teachers (5–11 years) with experience in Key Stage 1 and 2
• promote ongoing professional development in students so that they become lifelong learners
• develop masters-level skills.
As a trainee you will spend half of your PGCE year in local schools, with two extended placements as well as some shorter visits. During these periods you will be supervised jointly by a school mentor and a faculty tutor.
You are not ‘thrown in at the deep end’ but are given a range of graduated practical experiences which will allow you to
develop confidence and to achieve the competence to take responsibility in the classroom. These are supported by work carried out in the Faculty of Health, Education and Society, which dovetails with the school-based work to support you in developing your thinking about teaching and learning.
• School experience in three different schools
• Professional studies including generic teaching skills
• Critical reflection on educational issues and national initiatives
• Courses to cover the Primary National Curriculum
International Student Requirements:
The minimum IELTS score for acceptable English proficiency for entry is normally 7.0.
Facts & Figures
Financial Aid: No
International Financial Aid: No
In State Tuition (per year): 10770 GBP
Out State Tuition (per year): 10770 GBP